Fransalian center was a conceptualized idea of Fr. G. Dominic Savio. The idea of establishing a center at Adappakaran Chatram was presented as a formal proposal to Rev.Fr.Thomas Perumallil, the then provincial of Visakhapatnam Province. The Provincial took keen interest to visit the site personally and granted permission to start a non-formal center. In 2004,Fransalian Centre for Education and Rural Development (Non-formal technical institute) was started in a temporary hall. The new building was inaugurated on 01 June 2006. The initial capital was sanctioned by the Province to kick-start the work. This center is registered as an independent society under the Tamilnadu society Act 1975. Prior to it, Fr.G.Dominic Savio had written a project to Caritas Italiana and laterreceived 55 lakhs for the construction and for three years of maintenance. In 2007, this institute was raised as a Formal Institute of Technology. From 2008 to 2011 Computer Education was offered here. The main objective of thiscenter is to recruit the drop-out students from the rural sector to give them tutorial training and technical education. So far 273 students have passed through this institute. At present, we offer two trades, namely welding and two-wheeler and four-wheeler mechanics. From 2011, Fr.K.Joseph Xavier is the director of Fransalian Centre.The entire land is divided into two parts: cultivable land and stony ground. The latter has an old blue metal quarry. Besides this, we use two acres of land offered by the governmentas playground.
Vision and mission statement
- Providing employment opportunity for the dropout boys from the deserving families, orphans, semi-orphans and children from HIV affected families, and preference to our parishioners.
- Offering special tutorial coaching for the failed students of 10th and offering tutorial coaching for the dropouts who discontinued their high school education.
- Adopting and educating street children till high school.
- Conducting evening class for nearby villages.
- Agriculture model forming.
- Promoting and developing responsible youth with aptitudes, attitudes and values for their community and social development.
- Providing hostel facilities for the dropouts who come from faraway places.
Fr. G. Dominic Savio (2004-2011)
Fr. K. Joseph Xavier (2011-)
Priest in other responsibilities: Fr. M. Benjamin Sunder (2011-2012)
|S.F.S. Industrial School
Pudukkottai Dt – 622 002
Tamil Nadu, S. India
Tel: 04322 – 236511
(Fransalian Centre for Education & Rural Development)
|PP. Joseph Xavier K, Superior &
Benjamin Sunder M,
S. Desas S, Regent