St.Joseph’s Church at Sendurai is located between Thuvarankurichy and Dindigul in the district of Dindigul. It is 40 km away from the district headquarters. The elders of this place trace the origin of Christianity here to St.John de Britto who came to this place and preached the Gospel. This was a substation of the Malaiyadipatty parish in the diocese of Trichy. When Palakurichy became a parish in 1910, Sendurai became a substation to it. A small church dedicated to St.Joseph the Worker was there in Sendurai.
After a long time, when Natham was raised to the status of a parish in 1938, Sendurai was given to the care of Natham parish. On 05 June 2005, Sendurai was bifurcated, erected as a parish and entrusted to the care of MSFS by Most Rev. Antony Pappusamy, the bishop of Dindigul. This parish has 13 villages as substations. Only one substation has got a chapel. Fr.P. Stephen was the first parish priest. As there was no presbytery, he stayed in a simple rented house for two years. He developed the faith of the people and made them strong in it. He started a magazine namely Valan Malar which was published once in two months. It could not be carried on after a few years. During his time the presbytery was built and opened on 17 June 2007. A nursery and primary school was also started during his time.
Fr.S. Soosai Raj bought 5.47 acres of land for the purpose of the school. He also bought 53 cents of land for the purpose of the church. With his hard work, a beautiful church was built and it was blessed by Most Rev. Dr. Antony Pappusamy, the Bishop of Dindigul on 27 December 2011.
|Fr. P. Stephen||2005-2007|
|Fr. S. Soosai Raj||2007-2012|
|Fr. S. Christuraj||2012-2014|
|Assistant Parish Priest|
|Fr. S. Antony Raj||2009-2010|